Digital Media Intern
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: North Charleston, S.C.
Status: - Internship, up to 20 hours/week; open until filled
- One semester, two semester, or year-long internships available
depending on candidate
- Longer internship agreements may result in a negotiable end-of-
service stipend arrangement
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry (BBBSL) is our region’s premier, evidence-based youth mentoring organization.
Working with parents, guardians and volunteers, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry works to defend the unlimited
potential of children facing adversity through professionally supported, strong, enduring one-one-mentoring relationships.
The Digital Media Intern will join a progressive organization that defends the potential of our region’s most vulnerable
children. Through digital and social media, as well as supportive efforts of our various outreach events, he/she will help
engage and inspire the public and our existing networks about BBBSL activities.
The Digital Media Intern is expected to post content to bbbslowcountry.org, maintain social media channels (particularly
Facebook and Instagram), contribute to video production and assist with BBBSL events in the community.
He/she will report to the BBBSL office in North Charleston on a schedule to be coordinated with the President & CEO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategize, develop and execute social media initiatives through traditional and creative tactics. Increase engagement
and followers of BBBSL Facebook and Instagram platforms.
- Assist in the creation of content for BBBSL website and social media channels (writing, graphic design and video).
Such work includes diversifying content, ensuring that all platforms are updated frequently, and auditing existing
content to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Contribute to the development and execution of specific communications and marketing plans to help achieve the
organization’s fundraising, match development/support and other goals.
- Contribute to the execution of pre-event, on-site and post-event communications plans.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop and refine resources to support fundraising and membership efforts.
- Operations, project and event-based support on an as-needed basis.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work
cooperatively in a team environment, while representing BBBSL in a professional manner. Specifically, the Digital Media Intern
exemplifies BBBSL’s core values of: 1) transparency and accountability, 2) intellectual curiosity and continuous improvement,
3) customer centricity and 4) inclusivity and cultural competency.
Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Currently pursuing a degree in English, Communication, Marketing or a relevant field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific
- Proficiency with social media channels.
- Preference given to those with strong video and graphic design experience/skills.
- Preference given to those with lived experience.
To be considered for the Digital Media Internship, please send a cover letter, resume and any supporting materials to
[email protected] Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis
and the position will be open until filled.