04/03/20 Resource Update to Bigs & Families
Hi BBBS of the Lowcountry Bigs and Families,
As always, we are thinking of you and hoping for your continued health and safety! We are reaching out to all our matches for regular support and want to make sure you have the necessary resources during this time. We’ve listed critical need resources below AND we are always available to help navigate situations individually.
The following resources can help address the ongoing need for E-Learning and Virtually Connecting with you Big, Little, or Family:
Ideas to connect with Your Little or Big!
• Watch Netflix as a group! Download the Netflix Party Chrome Extension @ https://www.netflixparty.com/
• Zoom hangout!
• Chat over FaceTime
• Share funny photos over text!
• Charleston Free WiFi Spots
• Charleston County School District:
• Charleston County Public Library
Trident United Way and Charleston County have put together an extensive list of resources that include the following information:
Trident United Way’s 2-1-1 Helpline is a resource for active and anticipated needs.
• Food assistance
• Housing assistance
• Utility assistance
o Dominion Energy: https://www.dominionenergy.com/company/coronavirus
o Charleston Water: https://sc-charlestonwatersystem.civicplus.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=163
o Berkeley Electric: https://www.berkeleyelectric.coop/
• Healthcare assistance
• Mental health care assistance
• Unemployment/financial assistance
Health and Tele-Health
• Please be sure to review and follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations for preventing the spread of illness.
• MUSC is offering free virtual COVID-19 screening in addition to drive through testing site. This drive-through site is in the parking lot of the Citadel Mall campus, outside the MUSC Health West Ashley Medical Pavilion.
We look forward being in touch with you throughout this time. We’re always here for you and your match!
MAIN: 843.401.3556 ext. 701
EMAIL: [email protected]